The benefits of implementing RFID in warehouse management
Advantages of RFID technology:
- Cargo, truck and other data can be checked and managed on the Internet in real time;
- Virtual inventory tracking;
- The system is easy to install and maintain;
- Data acquisition is efficient and accurate;
- The system tracks people, goods, pallets, forklifts, trucks and other logistics links in real time;
- All links and processes of logistics are monitored in real time.
RFID warehouse inventory system components
- UHF RFID Reader: This system uses fixed RFID reader and handheld RFID reader. The reader detects tags through antennas and gets the data of the tags. The fixed reader can read the tag at distance of 8 meters, while the handheld reader can read a distance of about 5 meters.
- UHF RFID Tags: Tags can have many forms like hard rectangular, which can be installed on trucks and containers, mounted on pallets, goods, or parcels. Each RFID tag has a globally unique ID number. In practical applications, it stores the information of the goods for identification and reading. The label can be attached and to the object and identified easily.
- Warehouse Management software: After getting a large amount of tag data, the RFID reader can directly access the port of the computer / handheld computer / laptop, and automatically enter the system database immediately. The management software will then manage the data. Since it is internet management software, it means that the manager or user can inspect and manage the goods in real time through PC, and know the location of the truck. The information is uploaded to a common Internet platform, so that the visual scene of the end-to-end real-time movement of the cargo can be obtained.
Warehousing and distribution management:
- UHF Fixed RFID reader is installed in the passages and entrances among the warehouses, so that when pallets, forklifts, and goods with RFID labels enter into the reading area, they will be automatically identified, recorded, and transmitted to the system database and save. Meanwhile in the background, When the goods leave the distribution center, the RFID reader at the entrance reads the information on the label and transfers it to the processing system to automatically generate the delivery list. When the truck arrives at the destination warehouse, the reader at the receiving entrance automatically scan the goods in the truck, and you can check and accept fast;
- With UHF RFID tags mounted on the truck and pallet, the management system can track the position of the forklift and pallet at any time. The reader is installed above the passageway where the forklift truck and the pallet enter and exit the warehouse. Each pallet is attached with a on metal RFID tag. When the forklift truck loads the pallet cargo and passes, the RFID reader will tell the computer which pallet has passed. The system handles a large number of pallet goods on a daily basis, which can greatly improve efficiency and ensure that the relevant information about the goods is accurate.
- With RFID labels on goods and parcels, the management system can track the whole procedure of logistics in real-time through the fixed RFID readers and handheld reader. The staff can always know the inventory of the warehouse clearly through the data collected by the system. RFID system makes it much more easier. The staff only needs to scan the relevant area with a handheld reader to easily and accurately find the goods. Because radio frequency is penetrating, it is easy to find even a small piece of goods with RFID labeled deep in the package;
- The RFID reader is installed above the goods conveyor belt. When the goods pass through the conveyor belt, the RFID warehouse management system will get the goods information through the reader. The RFID system can completely replace the traditional method to complete the sorting of goods, improve efficiency, and save labor It can not only complete the storage and retrieval of simple orders fast, but also can realize the storage and picking up of complex goods in different size,colors. Sorting workers can achieve the automatic storage, unloading, packaging, loading and unloading of goods with simple operations, which reduces the labor intensity of workers and improves efficiency.
5. The staff or forklift driver can check the goods in the warehouse by handheld RFID reader fast, which is quick and convenient, which greatly improves the efficiency and accuracy of warehouse inventory and goods inspection.
6. When the goods arrive at the destination, the staff can check the arrival of the goods very quickly by holding a RFID handheld reader, and compare them with the database. Since it can detect the goods at long distance, and can read multiple tags, which greatly improve the efficiency and accuracy of the work;
7. The RFID system is used for intelligent warehouse management. RFID can effectively manages the information related to the flow of goods in the warehouse. It not only increases the number of goods processed in a day, but also monitors all the information of these goods. The information is stored in the central computer of the warehouse. When the goods are shipped to another place, another RFID reader will detect and tell the computing center which trailer it was placed on. In this way, the management center can know in real time how many goods have been processed and how many goods have been shipped out, and can automatically identify and locate the goods .
8. The simultaneous use of fixed RFID reader and handheld RFID reader makes on-site data collection, inventory, inventory management, inventory inspection, and other on-site operations clear, accurate, systematic, and scientific;
9. The truck will be automatically detected by the RFID reader before leaving the warehouse. The obtained information will be automatically transferred to the background management system. The system will immediately compare with the original data in the database. When wrong or missing information is found, the system will alarm to prevent the truck from leaving the warehouse, ensuring the absolute accuracy of cargo transportation.